The Prakasam Police District was formed on 1.7.1970. Consequent to the formation of Ongole District with reference to G.O.Ms.No.903 (Home Police-E) Dept., Dt. 16.6.1970 and extent of Ac.64.66 cents of land was acquired for the construction of Police Complex including administrative building for this Department. This includes an extent of Acre.43.46 cents of private land acquired at a cost of 2.191 lakhs.
All Administrative office buildings viz., the District Police Office, the bell of Arms, Parade ground with Pavilion, Police Wireless Station, Motor sheds, Welfare center with lecture hall and the magazine rooms were constructed and handed over to this Department. The bell of Arms, Pavilion etc., were taken over on 23.3.1979 and the District Police Office, building was occupied on 20-06-1973.
Administrative staff i.e, A.O, Supdts, Sr.Assts, Jr.Assts and Typists of District Police Office, Ongole. The routine work of District Police Office branches i.e., A Section, B Section, P section and Store Section all the staff are working on computers through applications received every day. The structure LAN was also established for effective net working of District Police Office branches.
A-Section:- Under the supervision of one Supdt.
A1 SEAT Senior Asst. is dealing all Establishment matters
A-2 SEAT Sr.Asst. is dealing PCs transfers, probations and deputations.
A3-SEAT Jr.Asst is dealing Leave rolls of DAR, Ongole and Ongle Sub- division.
A4 SEAR Jr.Asst is dealing with Minor PRs
A5 SEAT Sr.Asst is dealing Pensions and Grade Increments
A6 SEAT Typist is dealing with Leave rolls of Chirala, Darsi, Kandukur and Markapur Sub-Divisions
A7 SEAT Jr.Asst is Dealing with sanction of Increments
A8 SEAT Sr.Asst is dealing with Major PRs
A9 SEAT Typist, is dealing Recruitment of PCs and Trainings for all ranks
A10 SEAT Jr.Asst, is dealing with Maintenance of DO Book and Duty Meet, Sports and Games
A14 SEAT Jr. Asst. is dealing Probation of all Ranks except PCs, all court matters.
A15 SEAT Jr.Asst. is dealing custodian of service books.
RECORD ROOM Jr. Asst. is dealing Record keeper
BudgetBudget Section:- Under the supervision of one Supdt.
- B1 SEAT Sr. Asst. is deals with Scrutiny of TA Bills of Special party, PSOs, Cat Party, Dist.Armed reserve, Counter Intelligence, all SDPOs, SP, SP(Admn), Addl.SP(Operations) and Training bills etc.
- B2 SEAT Jr.Asst, is deals with Medical Reimbursement claims and their auditing.
- B3 SEAT Jr Asst is dealing with scrutiny of T.A Bills of Chirala Sub Division and Audit reports of Chief office and Accountant General Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
- B4 SEAT Jr.Asst, is dealing with Scrutiny and Auditing of TA bills of Kandukur, Kanigiri and Pamur Circles.
- B5 SEAT Sr.Asst is dealing with Scrutiny of T.A.Bills of Darsi Sub- Division, Motor Vehicles Correspondence, Drawal of POL and MT bills and their auditing and Correspondence on Right to Information Act.2005
- B6 SEAT Jr.Asst, is dealing Preparation of T.A.Bills of Markapur Sub- Division i.e., Giddalur, Markapur and Y.Palem Circles and their audit.
- B7 SEAT Typist is dealing with Preparation and drawal of electricity bills of All Police Stations and Offices in this District.
- B8 SEAT Sr.Asst is dealing with Construction of P.S.Building & Quarters and Repairs to the Buildings.
- H1 SEAT Typist is dealing with Drawal of Duty Allowance to Home Guards and Enrollment and Removal of Home Guards
- B9 SEAT Jr.Asst is dealing with Preparation and Auditing of T.A. Bills of Ongole Sub-division.
- B10 seat Jr.Asst, is dealing with Reconcillations of figures and User charges i.e.,Guard charges from E2 seat
Pay Section:- In-charge one subdt.
- P1 SEAT Jr.Asst is deals with Preparation of pay bills of all ranks with the assistance of pay section clerks every month.
- P2 SEAT Jr.Asst is deals with Drawl of Arrears claims to Non-Gazetted i.e SIs, HCs, PCs and auditing of bills.
- P3 SEAT Typist is dealing with Sanction of House Rent Allowance and drawl of arrears.
- P4 SEAT Jr. Asst. is dealing with Drawl of Pay Advance to all ranks and A.P.G.L.I. Correspondence.
- P5 SEAT Jr. Asst. is dealing with Preparation of Surrender leaves Salary Bills and their auditing.
- P6 SEAT Jr. Asst. is dealt with Sanction and drawl of GPF temp., advance & part final withdrawal. Bills of all ranks.
- P7 SEAT Jr.Asst, is dealing with Drawl of Festival Advance and Sanction of Uniform allowance to CIs and SIs and ASIs.
- P8 SEAT Jr.Asst, is dealing with Bhadratha and its loans and schedules.
- P9 SEAT Jr.Asst, dealing with GPF Final settlements and correspondence.
- P10 SEAT Jr.Asst, is dealing with the all type of Increment arrears.
Store Section:- Under the supervision of one supdt.
- E1 SEAT Typist, is dealing with MV Act Compounding books.
- A11 SEAT Jr. Asst. is deals with Arms Act and Rules processing and issue of arms licenses and renewals.
- A12 SEAT Jr.Asst. is dealing with currents from Chief Office, Range Office, and CM Office.
- A13 SEAT Jr.Asst, is dealing all the General Petitions, collector References, Military and Insurance Claims.
- INWARD Typist, is dealing receiving and distribution of Tappals to the concerned Assistants.
- OUTWARD Jr.Asst, is dealing Dispatching files.